Amorphous Core Low Loss Transformers
Benefits of Amorphous Cores:
1. Energy savings
- No load losses are 17% to 25% of conventional CRGOES transformers (cold rolled grain oriented electrical steel).
- Total ownership cost is reduced over transformer life.
- Reduced cost of generation per kWH consumed.
2. Reliability and Quality
- Reduced heat generation due to lower losses, reduced impact on aging of transformer insulation materials (Increased overloading capacity)
- ACTOM’s robust transformers are double wound, fully insulated and specifically clamped providing excellent short circuit capability
3. Environmental Impact
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from generation facilities
- Distribution transformers with typically low load factor where the no load loss makes up a significant part of these losses and the transformer needs to operate 24/7
- Also used in high frequency applications where the frequency ranges between 200 and 400Hz
Click here to download the Distribution Transformers Brochure.