Route/Shunt Signal Unit:
- The light unit case is manufactured from a light alloy material.
- The lamp housing is weatherproof and well ventilated to minimise condensation. The cover is easily removable for inspection and maintenance.
- The lamp unit is equipped to take a lamp rated at 110 v 25W and fitted with a 3-pin cap to BS specification 469: 1960 (lamp ref. 8L33).
- For a route signal, an additional frosted lens with clear inner is fitted, and for shunt signals, a fully frosted lens is fitted.
Colour light signal lamp unit:
- The colour light signal lamp unit is a low-cost unit providing multi-aspect railway signals.
- It is highly corrosion resistant and exceeds TRANSNET specifications.
- This durable unit comprises a lamp housing, hinged rear cover, mounting ring and light hood assembly.
- The top rear cover allows full access to accommodate cleaning and lamp replacement. During operation, the lid is tightly closed and may be padlocked.
- The 465 mm light hood shields 240 degrees of the outer lens perimeter. A variety of lamp types may be fitted but lamps are not normally supplied with the unit.
- The lens system has two prismatic lenses that are dust-sealed and factory mounted in the housing.
- For close-up observation they show reflection, which may cause ‘phantom’ colour aspects.
- The lenses are optical glass.
- The studs, springs, washers and lock nuts in the mounting ring and alignment adjuster are stainless steel.
- Other fasteners in the assembly are also stainless steel.
- The lamp holder terminals are nickel-plated brass.
- Colour Specification Beam Divergence
- Red BR 820 4 degrees
- Yellow BR 820 4 degrees
- Green BR 820 4 degrees
- Lunar White BR 820 4 degrees
- Blue Signalling BL 30 (German) 4 degrees
- Type Main Filament Aux Filament Specification
- Volts Watts Volts Watts
- 5L33 110 25
- 5L34 12 24 12 16 B55469.1960
- SL35 12 24 12 24 B55469.1960
- The mounting plate serves as a frame and is fixed to face down track.
- The units are then individually aligned and locked. Installation is via cable access to the housing.
- This is a 20 mm diameter armour grip cable gland and weatherproof neoprene shroud.
- The top hinged cover allows good maintenance access to the unit, making cleaning and lamp replacement easy.
Focus and alignment:
- Each colour unit is individually aligned after mounting, using two sighting holes in the housing. These are factory-set for accuracy.
- The body is attached to the mounting ring by studs, springs, washers and lock nuts. They allow the unit’s alignment to be adjusted after installation.
- Ventilation happens through two fine wire-mesh filters situated in the cover and the housing.
- These inhibit condensation without allowing the passage of light.
Materials and finish:
The main unit components are Black UV Protected Glass filled nylon for high impact resistance. They are finished with two coats of matt black paint.